Sunday, October 16, 2016

Mid-College Crisis

This weekend, was like every other weekend. I went home, and I thought I was going to have lunch with my sister, but she had to cancel because she had other plans. No biggie. 

So I was just doing my homework, like every other weekend. Creative writing. It was a piece of cake. Sociology. Harder but doable.

And then I got to my econ homework. I had a test on Tuesday, since we have a test every two weeks for that class. So...we pretty much have four tests and a cumulative finals. 

I would normally approach it with just reading the book and such, but it was different this time. Halfway reading through my economics book I thought, "What am I doing with my life?" All my life, I've sort of been pressured into doing everything. My dad pressuring me to do well in school (which wasn't a bad thing), him wanting me to study accounting (I later switched to marketing because I hated accounting and it bored the heck out of me), him wanting me to graduate college and get a job.

It got me thinking, DO I REALLY ENJOY MY MAJOR? I wanted to come in as an English or creative writing major, but I wanted to play it safe and stick to business, but when I couldn't get into the business school because of my low GPA, I switched to economics. After three years of taking economics classes, which I didn't particularly enjoy, but I toughed through it anyways, it made me realise, what the heck am I doing with my life?

Sooooo, long story short, I decided that I might as well finish off my degree in economics marketing, and just see where it takes me. My plan was that I  get a degree, see if I get a job I like, and if none of that works out, apply to Cal Poly Pomona in hotel management or nursing, and go from there. 

MORAL OF THE STORY: Pick the right major before going to a 4-year university.

No comments:

Post a Comment